Monday, July 4, 2011

I am thankful for true freedom that comes through surrendering...


 "And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”  John 8:32
"For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don't use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love." Galatians 5:13


Powerful words!  


I am so grateful to live in a country where we can worship God and serve Him in the way that He calls us to.  I am grateful and blessed to live in a country where we still have the freedom to homeschool our children.


But I am even more grateful to have found true freedom in the truth of Jesus Christ!  


I am so grateful to the men and women who fought and gave their lives in defense of our nation through the years so that we can live in these freedoms in the United States of America today.


But I am even more grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ who died and rose from the dead for the forgiveness of our sins so that we may live in true freedom for all eternity with Him in heaven!


We are so blessed!  I am in awe of the freedom that we have in life in Christ Jesus!  Our freedom in Him is freedom to serve one another in love instead of pursuing our own way.    


Over and over I find myself in awe of the amazing irony of the fact that it is through complete surrender to God that find true freedom in Christ!  Isn't that humbling?  Isn't it amazing?!!


It is in Him that I have found peace that surpasses all understanding...joy that is complete even in times of trial...and I am in awe of how He loves me even as I still stumble and fall am still learning to surrender every part of my life and days to Him.  It is in Him that I have found complete and true freedom!


So today as we celebrate the freedom of our nation let's remember the life giving freedom we have in salvation in Jesus Christ and share His love with the people we touch in our lives.  


Let's take some time to pray for the healing of our nation, godly wisdom for our government leaders, and the men and women who serve in the military to protect our nation.  Let us pray that our nation returns to God and falls at His feet and finds true freedom in surrendering and humbly serving one another in love through the power of Jesus Christ.


And let us pray that we will have the courage to step out of our own comfort zones and pray for one another and love one another and in doing so share a freedom that only comes through surrendering our will and lives to the one who created us.


Happy Independence Day, friends!


Surrendering to Him at the foot of the Cross where I've found true freedom,


Mrs Mary Joy Pershing





No comments:

Post a Comment